On Fri, 2023-06-16 at 18:05 +0000, Salvatore Jr Walter P via mailop
wrote:

> Getting reports back from several ISPs like the one below.
> It shows dkim failing for the IP, but successful for the domain?
> The domain “mail-dkim-us-west-2.prod.hydra.sophos.com” uses
> multiple IPs,
> One of which is “198.154.181.72”. We do receive failures on all
> other IPs as well.
> Is this an actual issue or something we can ignore?
>
> <record>
> <row>
> <source_ip>198.154.181.72</source_ip>
> <count>1</count>
> <policy_evaluated>
> <disposition>none</disposition>
> <dkim>fail</dkim>
> <spf>pass</spf>
> </policy_evaluated>
> </row>
> <identifiers>
> <header_from>warwickri.gov</header_from>
> </identifiers>
> <auth_results>
> <dkim>
> <domain>mail-dkim-us-west-2.prod.hydra.sophos.com</domain>
> <selector>v1</selector>
> <result>pass</result>
> </dkim>
> <spf>
> <domain>warwickri.gov</domain>
> <result>pass</result>
> </spf>
> </auth_results>
> </record>

It appears you're DKIM-signing it, but not with an identifier aligned
with your From: domain. So DKIM passes but not in a way that
satisfies DMARC.

It passed DMARC only because it passes SPF.

You should add a DKIM signature from a domain aligned with your From:
domain.