Dňa 12. júla 2023 13:34:42 UTC používateľ Grant Taylor via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:

>I then tried to have my primary client using my primary email system (VPS with
>Sendmail) send a test message to my user at the test domain. That didn't work.
> I think that Sendmail in the MSA role rejected things out of hand about the
>destination not having an MX record.
>
>I then tried to have `mail` behind Postfix on a different system send a
>message to my user at the test domain.  That too failed.  But I don't remember
>why.

I just tried it with exim (4.94.2) MSA with my smarthost primary name
as address's domain (no MX, only A/AAAA) and it works. Of course,
my MSA delivers all nonlocal domains to that smarthost, but before
that it verifies target host (domain) by "normal" SMTP way.

I check debug output of that verify and i see in it attempt to get
MX (nodata), followed by A & AAAA lookups (success) and finally
accept (verify) domain...

I am not familiar with sendmail nor postfix, but perhaps it is
disabled by default (or by you).

regards

--
Slavko