If that's what the problem is, then that can easily be set with the
following Postfix setting without the need for customization scripts:

                default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

        Documentation for this setting is available at:
https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_recipient_
limit

        It may also be helpful to adjust the delivery rate, which can also
be set in Postfix's "default_destination_rate_delay" setting (which
defaults to 0 seconds):

https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_rate_delay

        (I don't know, off-hand, if other SMTP daemons have such settings.)

Postmaster - postmas...@inter-corporate.com
Randolf Richardson, CNA - rand...@inter-corporate.com
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
https://www.inter-corporate.com/