On Mar 22, 2024, at 10:58 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

> the result code and the spamhaus search didn't provide any relevant info.

Hmmm. Not relevant to you, perhaps, but it may be relevant to someone else who
can help. I can't imagine how anyone could begin helping you without knowing
the exact "127.0.x.x" Spamhaus code as a starting point.

When you ask for help, and people ask for more details, it isn't helpful to say
"that isn't relevant" or "that info isn't useful" or whatever. As the bible [1]
says, "If your diagnostic theories were such hot stuff, would you be consulting
others for help?" People wouldn't ask for a detail if they didn't think it
might help them to help you.

> I got contacted off-list so I hope I have enough hints to avoid for next time.

This is also not ideal. The list is a place to share knowledge and help other
people having similar issues. (The sacred text has a chapter on this, too [2].)

So... What were the hints you got? What do you think was wrong in the first
place? How can other people who might stumble across this thread in the future
fix it?

[1] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#symptoms
[2] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#followup

--