On 06/08/13 18:04, James Lee wrote:
The current OpenCSW Solaris 9 packages are both newer and more numerous
than the Companion CD's.

True.

You are not disagreeing with me.  I'm not saying what Solaris 9 users
want.  I'm only saying what I want and making my recommendation to
OpenCSW which isn't to work as unpaid slaves for people running obsolete
operating systems.

I did say Solaris 9 users would prefer [more satisfied, not satisfied]
working old packages to none [non-working] but that's basic logic as
those not liking old can choose not to take the offer so making it no
worse than none.

Okay, so it's indeed complementary, my suggestion only adding the hoop they'd need to jump through if they /really/ want an update (if such a hoop can be found).

Thanks,

Laurent