On 11/1/07, salimtk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > infinite number of interpretations are possible! > vedas n upanishads can loosely be interpreted as great scriptures of > universal equality. dalits can worship sri raman and they can fight for the > temple entry and hindu baptism. this has double edged effect. on one > hand religion inducts the 'outsiders' expanding its boundary and maintains > its 'divinity' and on the other hand, 'outsiders' invade the 'divine' space > of untouchability. > > ..........and islam is a very tough coice for queers to reclaim. >
I am not a believer, but Isn't it funny that one cannot be both Muslim and gay? Also don't you think that the scriptures should be redefined? I think it is radical to redefine the 'sacred'. I remember arguing with my grandma on Sabarimala Ayyappan. I used to ask her 'whether she would oppose me using ayyappa as a role model?(with a special reference to Vavar). A good example can be the Renecox self photographs, in which she posed as a nude black pregnant christ. It created a lot of noise in the US. Except Judas all were while in the last supper. I have a feeling that religion should also be queered, for the betterment. Why always we have secular fantacies? The treatment of gays were not much better in Castro's Cuba. They were prosecuted on day to day basis. Reinaldo Arenas is one example, and the most sad thing is that he had to go to Newyork to publish his books! --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ A group to look forward in the lines of interdisciplinary thinking, actions & analysis. This group is specifically for analysing black white & grey of kerala society ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Mallu Mafia" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mallu-mafia?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
