>In Book I of Aeneid there is a reference to "people of the sky" (one
>translation) in relation to destruction of Carthage.  I don't have a Latin
>text.  How does that phrase read in Latin?

I suspect the reference is to Book II and the destruction of Troy, and the
phrase a translation of "caelicolae" (heaven-dwellers):

me si caelicolae voluissent ducere vitam,
has mihi servassent sedes. satis una superque
vidimus excidia et captae superavimus urbi. (641-3)

Translated by David West:

If the gods in heaven had wished me to go on living, they would have
preserved this place for me. I have already seen one sack of the city and
survived its capture, and that is more than enough.

(It is Anchises who speaks, or rather whose speech is reported by Aeneas.)

Simon Cauchi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lpf.org.nz/free/directory/cauchi.htm