> >I had never heard the suggestion that Virgil's work had a significant
> >influence on the works of medieval and renaissance writers.
>
> >Could you please inform me of some references that would confirm this
> >postulate?
>

> Dear Manzer,
about Virgil's significant and large influence on medieval and renaissance
writers
you may also consider the entry 'Virgilius, Publius Maro' in the part
'Fortleben' of the
'Medioevo latino. A bibliographical bulletin of European culture from
Boethius to Erasmus (VI to XV century)',
that is published every year by Sismel-Edizioni del Galluzzo in Florence,
Italy;
two important monographs about this subject are:
D.Comparetti, Virgilio nel Medioevo (I-II), Florence 1941;
V.Zabughin, Vergilio nel Rinascimento italiano da Dante a Torquato Tasso
(I-II), Bologna 1921.
I don't know whether this books have been translated in english or not, but
I think so.
You have to think that Virgil preserved manuscripts between V and XV century
are more than 1000, by far more numerous
than all other classical authors mss. in the same period.
With kind regards
FBognini [EMAIL PROTECTED]