Paul,
A place to look would be Reading Vergil's Aeneid: An Interpretive Guide, edited by Christine Perkell, by University of Oklahoma Press, 1999. It is #23 in the Oklahoma Series in Classical Culture. Joseph Farrell has a chapter in the book entitled "Aeneid 5: Poetry and Parenthood" (pages 96-100).
I also seem to recall articles on Mothers and Daughters in the Aeneid- maybe also Fathers and Sons- but can't place them right now.
Hope this helps! Give my best to the folks at UQ!

Cheers,
Jim Stewart
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale

\>Hello,

I was wondering if listmembers knew of any works which treat the role of fatherhood in the Aeneid, or in classical epic, or in the works of any specific author of epic.

Paul Roche
University of Queensland