From: 2...@unige.it
Date: December 28, 2011 3:07 AM
To: Ed Dahl <ed.d...@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: Odd Numbers on an Old Wind Rose

Dear Ed,
I agree with Joaquim Alves Gaspar and Wolfgang Köberer. It is an application of the "Regimiento", but the figures have been rounded so it is impossible to say if it is the original (Evora and Munich) or the one corrected by Pedro Nunes. Everything is clearly explained in the book by Joaquim Bensaude, L'astronomie
nautique  au Portugal a l'époque des grandes decouvertes, Berne 1912/17,
reprinted by N. Israel in 1967.
Dino