This is a MapHist list message.
This list will close soon. Please continue the discussions at the MapHist
Forum: http://www.maphist.nl/forum
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

On 1/8/12 1:53 PM, "Jay L" <carolinararem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The new MapHist Forum ( http://www.maphist.nl/forum ) is very well designed,
> and I believe it will be highly successful. The option to receive
> notifications of new posts via email is not only great, but absolutely
> essential...

I'm glad you pointed this out, because I didn't realize that we could
subscribe to particular forums and get email notifications when new posts
appeared. I've set up my subscriptions and I'll see how it goes, but that
was a concern I had about switching over from listserv mode.

> Is it possible for the email
> notifications to include the actual new post and a link to it, rather than
> just a link? It would save a lot of time for those of us who don't mind the
> emails and, from my perspective, would make the new forum irresistible,
> combining the best of the old and new.

I agree.  But in that case, I'd want to receive a notification every time
the forum was updated, not just one time until I visit the forum, which is
the way it's set up now.

Thanks, Peter, for setting all this up. I can see a lot of work has gone
into it.

--Helen

ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø ø
Helen Glazer, Creative Director