Hope everyone had a pleasant holiday weekend.

I have created a layer of polygons which will represent police zones (traced
over a street file/line file).  Now that I have created a separate layer of
zones, how do I go about fastening those zones to the original geofile in
order to isolate streets and address ranges by zone as well as any other
crime data that is geocoded to the street file?

A colleague who uses ArcView indicated that there is a spatial join function
in that application which essentially joins the street table and associated
variables to the newly created zone table.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
Cory