Hi,

I am running a simple select query for objects in two large datasets (few thousand records each).
Unfortunately, MapInfo (v.5.0) crashes (not responding) after applying this query.

I tested this for few records and the software is working fine. It seems that the problem concerns the size of the table??

I have lots of memory, fresh workspace and only these tables which are necessary. ( I have to run the query on objects not on records!)

Any ideas what's wrong?

Just in case, the query :
select* from tab1 where not obj within any (select obj from tab2) into selection

Thanks,

Ewa
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Plachta;Ewa
FN:Ewa Plachta
ORG:London Borough of Hackney;Estate Management and Development
TITLE:GIS Officer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:0181 356 2037
TEL;WORK;FAX:0181 356 2104
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;Strategy and Commissioning Team;Christopher Addison House=0D=0A72 Wilton Wa=
y;London;;E8  1BJ;United Kingdom
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Strategy and Commissioning Team=0D=0AChristopher Addison House=0D=0A72 Wilto=
n Way=0D=0ALondon E8  1BJ=0D=0AUnited Kingdom
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:19990707T232143Z
END:VCARD