You can define your coordinate systems such as this to use all these pre-defined
units.

"--- Non-Earth ---"
"Non-Earth (inches)", 0, 2
"Non-Earth (feet)", 0, 3
"Non-Earth (yards)", 0, 4
"Non-Earth (miles)", 0, 0
"Non-Earth (millimeters)", 0, 5
"Non-Earth (centimeters)", 0, 6
"Non-Earth (meters)", 0, 7
"Non-Earth (kilometers)", 0, 1
"Non-Earth (US Survey Feet)", 0, 8
"Non-Earth (Nautical Miles)", 0, 9
"Non-Earth (Links)", 0, 30
"Non-Earth (Chains)", 0, 31
"Non-Earth (Rods)", 0, 32

Then upon Saving a file into this system after determining an appropriate set of
bounds, and then exporting to MIF, it will look like this example below.  If
creating a MIF from scratch, etc., you need to have these defined in the
mapinfow.prj file first, then a MIF such as this will import correctly.  This
example MIF header is a simple New York State boundary map in Non-Earth (Rods)
units.

Version 300
Charset "WindowsLatin1"
Delimiter ","
Index 1,2,3,5,20
CoordSys NonEarth Units "rd" Bounds (-1763537.17, 895418.11) (-1590726.56,
995157.86)

Regards,
-Bill

Mail List:owner-mapinfo-l