> Has any one bought the book entitled "Minding Your Business with MapInfo" by
> Whitener & Davis? If so what were your requirements - did it fulfil them -
> i.e. is it worth the purchase?
>
> Gareth Hardman
> Saturn Technologies

Another book on MapInfo worth a look is "Inside MapInfo Professional -
 2nd Edition", 496 pages, published 1999 by On Word Press.

This is a User Friendly Guide to MapInfo, not a rehash of the MapInfo
User manual.  The tutorial section has 12 chapters that cover basic
and advanced functionality.  All chapters include demonstrations and
examples utilize a companion CD-ROM that is included.  The Case
Studies section presents examples in 5 different industries.

We are offering the book free, with MapInfo 5.5 upgrade orders.
Details at http://www.tetrad.com

Wilson Baker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]