This is a little application I wrote to do this exact thing. It has table and
colum names hardcoded in it, so you may have to do a bit of tailoring (this one
finds the nearest doctor for each specialty per given patient). Also, you need a
lattitude and longitude for each customer...

Include "mapbasic.def"
Dim TempDist, MinDist as float
Dim Specialty as String
Dim CurDistCol, CurMember, FirstDoctor as Integer

Open Table "E:\Generation Health\GeoDoctors" interactive
Open Table "E:\Generation Health\GeoMembers" interactive

Fetch first from GeoDoctors 'Chiro=26, Derm=66, Ent=85, hosp=101, neuro=110,
ob-gyn=127

Fetch first from GeoMembers
FirstDoctor=127
Do while not EOT(GeoMembers)
 CurMember=GeoMembers.RowId
 Fetch rec FirstDoctor from GeoDoctors
 Specialty=GeoDoctors.specialty
 Print(Specialty+" member #"+CurMember+" First Doctor="+FirstDoctor)
 MinDist=Distance(GeoMembers.long, GeoMembers.lat, GeoDoctors.long,
GeoDoctors.lat, "mi")
  Do
  Fetch next from GeoDoctors
  TempDist=Distance(GeoMembers.long, GeoMembers.lat, GeoDoctors.long,
GeoDoctors.lat, "mi")
  if TempDist<MinDist then
      MinDist=TempDist
  end if
  Loop While GeoDoctors.specialty=Specialty and Not EOT(GeoDoctors)
 Update GeoMembers
 Set OBGYN=MinDist
 where RowId=CurMember
 Fetch next from GeoMembers