Andreas,

I experienced the same problem that you mention, ie after about 100 searches
the processing slows considerably.

In my mapbasic program I was fetching each record in a table, grabbing the
x,y coordinates and gradually searching from that point for an object in
another table.  As you mention after a while the system would really start
to grind.

Initially I thought that it was something to do with the size of the table I
was updating so I split it into 26 separate tables of about 500 records and
re-ran the process - no change.

I then stumbled upon the fact that if I closed and then reopened the base
table (ie the one I was querying on not the one I was updating) every 100
set of searches or so the whole process continued to chug along quite
nicely.

I never worked out why (I didn't have any queryX temp tables) but guessed
that it is something to do with the way temporary queries are released.

Not also that this occurs on all machines not just Celeron.

Cheers

Martin
===================================
Martin Roundill