Dear Kim

I am probably being very dim here but whats the problem with using MapX?

MapX is a superb tool from MapInfo that works great inside the VB
development environment. It gives you methods properties and events and
does virtually everything you could want from a map. At the same time it
allows you to use VB to do all the non GIS work like database access and
printing. In version 4 its even going to give you access to ArcView
which will prove to users how superior the MapInfo file format is to the
humble SHP file!

Its ridiculously cheap. Solutions written with it can be ported to
MapXtreme for web based GIS.

What other functionality are you looking for for your customer?

Regards

Bob

In message <00a601bf00d0$3d1a6200$b429fea9@acer>, Kim Greenham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes