Hello Everyone.
I've been trying to track down a supplier for topographic data of Great
Britain. I have contacted the Canadian supplier for OS but they directed
me straight to the OS (Ordnance Survey) for digital data. So I emailed
them and they said I
have to phone Britain to get the info I want. So, I'm asking you fine
folks for some information. Ideally we are interested in purchasing
elevation data/contours/spot heights. I posted an inquiry regarding DXF
files last week because I had downloaded a sample file. I still haven't
got that working yet but am trusting the fog will clear on that challenge
with time. For now, I am looking for a contact who is knowledgable
regarding how OS packages their data, if it comes in MI format, how much
is it per tile, how many tiles would it take to cover Glasgow? It seems to
me, that the scale is irrelevant since the data is so scarce. We'll take
whatever scale we can! So, if anyone in MI-list world can help, we would
be forever grateful.

Mappily yours,
Sharon
Brock University Map Library