HI list,

I just got 100 or so raster TFW files. Using Matt's instructions I
wrote a pascal routine that converts all *.tfw to *.tab in a current dir.

The program needs tabmask.txt to create the tab file.
Change the coordsys clause in tabmask.txt to use other projections.
The program asks for image file type - enter TIF or PCX or ...
whatever coressponds to image  filename.

I'm attaching the source code (tfw2tab.pas) in hope that someone will
translate it to mbx (I don't have mapbasic myself).
The code is written in Borland's Turbo Pascal.

  Jure Ravnik

Ecological Engineering Institute
Ljubljanska 9
2000 Maribor
Slovenia
Tel:+ 386 62 300 48 11
Fax:+ 386 62 300 48 35
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

TFW2TAB.EXE

TFW2TAB.PAS

!table
!version 300
!charset WindowsLatin1

Definition Table
  Type "RASTER"
  CoordSys NonEarth Units "m" Bounds (0, 0) (6000000, 6000000)