There are some know "backward incompatibilities" between some MIF versions.
They are not detectable by the "version" itself that is not displayed in the
MIF file. But if they are generated by some of the latest MI versions, that
can contain some statements that are not truly compatible with older MI.

Two examples : the presence of bounds in the coord sys clause; the use on
some new key words or parameters in style clauses.

That may be "known" but it is not recorded/documented in a systematic way.

But Spencer is totally right, "we of the list" cannot do anything without
specifics, but there I disagree with him, something can be done if the
necessary info is available.

Jacques Paris

e-mail                          alternate
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

paris PC Consult (mainly MapInfo app.)
     www.total.net/~rparis/gisproducts.htm