we use a hp 4500 clj also. be more specific about what you're printing. i've
put 100+ mb jobs and gotten them out in less than an hour.

are the results the same with both drivers (HP and PS)? .  i usually see
faster response from the PS driver

bob rogers
john wall and associates

begin quoted material =====================

I am running MapInfo 5.5 under windows NT.  I'm trying to print some rather
complex print jobs and they are taking a long time to print.  These prints
spool to about 19MB and can take over an HR to print. The printer I am using
is an HP LaserJet 4500. Is there anyway I can speed up the process? With the
printer only having a 133MHz processor, it would seem like a better idea to
have a computer process the data for the printer, then just send to the
printer to be printed. Is this possible by a software product out there?
Also, I have this same problem with my DesignJet 750C+.
Thanks for the help.
Chris