From another angle - there free email list services, e.g. www.egroups.com. Any group of interested people can form a list there - for free. And they claim they have a good-working anti-spam policy.

Milo
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Trey Pattillo
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2000 6:16 PM
To: MapInfo List
Subject: Re: MI ad or else?

Nothing is really free, so everyone needs to "ante up" here.....sponsors, vars, and readers.

There are enough business users [MapInfo/MapBasic not general GIS] here, whether large "corporate" or individuals like me, to support this effort.

My List History folder contains about 6100 entries since 11/1998 -- minus some ads and rants
6000 / 24 = 250 posts per month

If $25 per month [$125 for 5 + 1 free] for this type of ad is going to break me then I'm in the wrong business.......

SUGGESTIONS:

One-liner add to the end of all posts with a link to a page with this months sponsors which gives them more space and options on how their ad would look and work

Two-liner with product/company and link, rotated thru current sponsor list, added to end of post

THIS POSTING SUPPORTED BY:
DiaBuilder2000  -- Visual MapBasic Development

OOPS was that an ad....................My US$0.02