Hello, I am trying to append multiple tables into a single coverage (using
insert).  In doing so, the MBR associated with the first table in the append
is causing all of the other tables objects to not be appended correctly
(collapsed to MBR of first table).  I am trying to find a Mapbasic source
code example for appending multiple tables, and enabling the final append
coverage to store and display all of the tables objects correctly.  I have
searched through all of my MapInfo materials as well as the list archives
and can't seem to find the answer to my problem.  I am doing the append in a
piece of Mapbasic code, so I am looking for a code solution, rather than a
utility.  Additionally, the append section will need to work dynamically (I
can't hardcode the bounds section on my projection).

I know I could do this the hard way (open each table, getting MBR.  Keep a
running MBR array, that changes with each new table open.  When all tables
have been read, create a new table with a single rectangle obj that uses the
calculated MBR values.  Use that table as the first table, where all other
tables will be inserted into it).

There has got to be an easier way than this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dietrich Kastens

Dietrich Kastens