To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 8:57 AM
Subject: Sv: Fw: [MI-L] Project Grande Terminated?

Hi All!

This was sad news. Perhaps not for those who make a living on legacy
MapInfo use and programming, but I really thought it was time to move
on to new vistas (unintentional pun).

My chief concern, and the most promising thing about Project Grande is
the new user interface.
With the new layer control, tabbed windows and map layout templates, I
really felt that MapInfo took a giant leap to catch up with the
competition, perhaps even overtaking them in some aspects.

From what I hear now, this will probably never be. We will for the
'foreseeable future' be stuck with a GUI which does not quite meet
today's standards.

I will refrain from lamenting further, but I am inclined to agree with
the lister who the other day sadly remarked that he or she had to, from
a professional standpoint, recommend ArcGIS/ArcView in favor of MapInfo
to some clients.

Best regards, Mats.E