I don't have any issue with un-deprecating the old APIs. I agree if changes are needed it's better to mark the new APIs to reflect it. I just hope those changes can be kept as backward compatible as possible. In particular with Job, Pig uses that in some of it's APIs that it has declared stable (LoadFunc, StoreFunc).

Alan.