Agree with Mithun and Robert. DistCp and Tools restructuring are separate
tasks. Since DistCp code is ready to be committed, it need not wait for the
Tools separation from MR/HDFS.
I would say it can go into contrib as the patch is now, and when the tools
restructuring happens it would be just an svn mv.  If there are no issues with
this proposal I can commit the code tomorrow.

Thanks
Amareshwari