From: Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:14 PM
To: Chris Trezzo; common-...@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Release thread] 2.6.5 release activities

Thanks for organizing this, Chris!
I don't believe HADOOP-13362 is needed since it's related to ContainerMetrics.
ContainerMetrics weren't added until 2.7 by YARN-2984.
YARN-4794 looks applicable to 2.6.  The change drops right in except it has
JDK7-isms (multi-catch clause), so it needs a slight change.

Jason

      From: Chris Trezzo <ctre...@gmail.com>
 To: "common-...@hadoop.apache.org" <common-...@hadoop.apache.org>;
hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org; "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org"
<mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org"
<yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:32 PM
 Subject: [Release thread] 2.6.5 release activities

Based on the sentiment in the "[DISCUSS] 2.6.x line releases" thread, I
have moved forward with some of the initial effort in creating a 2.6.5
release. I am forking this thread so we have a dedicated 2.6.5 release
thread.

I have gone through the git logs and gathered a list of JIRAs that are in
branch-2.7 but are missing from branch-2.6. I limited the diff to issues
with a commit date after 1/26/2016. I did this because 2.6.4 was cut from
branch-2.6 around that date (http://markmail.org/message/xmy7ebs6l3643o5e)
and presumably issues that were committed to branch-2.7 before then were
already looked at as part of 2.6.4.

I have collected these issues in a spreadsheet and have given them an
initial triage on whether they are candidates for a backport to 2.6.5. The
spreadsheet is sorted by the status of the issues with the potential
backport candidates at the top. Here is a link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfG2CYQ7W4q3olWpOCo6EBAey1WYC8hTRUemHvYPPzY/edit?usp=sharing

As of now, I have identified 16 potential backport candidates. Please take
a look at the list and let me know if there are any that you think should
not be on the list, or ones that you think I have missed. This was just an
initial high-level triage, so there could definitely be issues that are
miss-labeled.

As a side note: we still need to look at the pre-commit build for 2.6 and
follow up with an addendum for HADOOP-12800.

Thanks everyone!
Chris Trezzo