Hi all,

I wanted to give an update on the Hadoop 2.6.5 release efforts.

Here is what has been done so far:

1. I have gone through all of the potential backports and recorded the
commit hashes for each of them from the branch that seems the most
appropriate (i.e. if there was a backport to 2.7.x then I used the hash
from the backport).

2. I verified if the cherry pick for each commit is clean. This was best
effort as some of the patches are in parts of the code that I am less
familiar with. This is recorded in the public spread sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfG2CYQ7W4q3ol
WpOCo6EBAey1WYC8hTRUemHvYPPzY/edit?usp=sharing

I am going to need help from committers to get these backports committed.
If there are any committers that have some spare cycles, especially if you
were involved with the initial commit for one of these issues, please look
at the spreadsheet and volunteer to backport one of the issues.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or feel that I have
missed something.

Thank you!
Chris Trezzo

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Allen Wittenauer <a...@effectivemachines.com