Thanks for reporting this issue. I have filed a JIRA to address this issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-341

>So, consider this as a report. IMHO, cutting an Ozone release prior to a
>Hadoop release ill-advised given the distribution impact and the requirements
>of the merge vote.

The Ozone release is being planned to address issues like these; In my mind if
we go thru a release exercise, we will be able to identify all ozone and Hadoop
related build and release issues.
Ozone will tremendously benefit from a release exercise and the community
review that comes from that.

Thanks
Anu

On 8/8/18, 1:19 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <a...@effectivemachines.com> wrote:

    > On Aug 8, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

    >> Has anyone verified that a Hadoop release doesn't have _any_ of the
extra ozone bits that are sprinkled outside the maven modules?
    > As far as I know that is the state, we have had multiple Hadoop releases
after ozone has been merged. So far no one has reported Ozone bits leaking into
Hadoop. If we find something like that, it would be a bug.

        There hasn't been a release from a branch where Ozone has been merged
yet. The first one will be 3.2.0.  Running create-release off of trunk
presently shows bits of Ozone in dev-support, hadoop-dist, and elsewhere in the
Hadoop source tar ball.