Just another thing you might be interested in: The Comdev project recently
voted on creating an iot@apache (exact name and details still unclear)
mailing list for cross-project collaboration.

It's been on my list of things to do to propose the same for "bigdata" (I
know the name sucks but i don't have a better one) as a single place for
projects to coordinate between each other in public without having to
subscribe to each others mailing lists.