Hi Mike,

 I'm not sure about that, but try eq instead of =

 EXPRESSION ('[TRAFFIC_TYPE]' eq 'Lane Closure' OR ...

Best Regards,
Alexandre

Mike Saunt wrote:
Hi All

I've got a MapFile that used to work fine in v4.10 but now fails in v5.0

Basically the CLASSITEM field has double quote in field value and this is then returning an error - msEvalExpression: Expression parser error. Failed to parse expression

The CLASS EXPRESSION looks like this
CLASSITEM 'TRAFFIC_TYPE' CLASS EXPRESSION ('[TRAFFIC_TYPE]' = 'Lane Closure' OR '[TRAFFIC_TYPE]' = 'Multi-Way Signals' OR '[TRAFFIC_TYPE]' = 'Road Closure' OR '[TRAFFIC_TYPE]' = 'Stop/Go Boards' OR '[TRAFFIC_TYPE]' = 'Two-Way Signals')
            STYLE # Severe (RED)
                SYMBOL 'triangle'
                SIZE 9
                COLOR 255 0 0
                OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
            END
        END

I've tried double quote vs. single quotes in the map file but to no avail

Anyone any thoughts?

Kind regards
Mike

Alexandre Dubé