I've been told by developers that there seems to be a bug when using " " in the expression parser...

You should use a regular expression instead like the following :

EXPRESSION /^Lane Closure$|^Multi-Way Signals$|^Road Closure$|^Stop\/Go Boards$|^Two-Way Signals$/

See at : http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/msexpressions

Mike Saunt wrote:
thanks Alexandre but unfortunately it didn't work

Do you know if there is a way of forcing MapServer to read out the literal string i.e. sort of like escaping it? in .NET you can say @stringvariable and it will ignore quotes inside etc?

Cheers
Mike