From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alexandre Dube
Sent: 02 October, 2008 4:40 PM
To: MAPSERVER USERS
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] WMS in Google Earth

Back with my local WMS on GE problem. I think it has something to do with the wms_onlineresource in WEB METADATA.

I downloaded the gmap datas, which are already in GE as the last WMS service available, to be able to test locally what is already working on the internet. At first, it worked in GE. Then, I noticed that the wms_onlineresource was set to :
    "http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?";
which seemed wrong to me, because my other map doesn't exist on the internet, only locally.

So I changed it to :
"http://127.0.0.1:port/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/my/local/path/gmap
75_wms.map&"
and then I doesn't work anymore...  also tried :
    "http://127.0.0.1:port/cgi-bin/mapserv?";
no result...

I must be close the the answer. I have searched a lot over the internet but I haven't found anything yet. Any hints ?

Alexandre

Alexandre Dube wrote:
Hi list,

I'm trying to figure how to setup my own wms layer in GE. So far, I'm able to see each layer in the "WMS Parameters", but if I select any, I get a big red X, meaning it's not working...

If I copy the "Link" created by GE, paste it in a browser, add "&SERVICE=WMS&BBOX=-180,-90,180,90", then I get a map. So, I don't really know what I'm missing here. Any hint ? I use
mapserver 5.2.0
on Linux.

This might be due to the SERVICE parameter missing WMS GetMap request.
If you, once you add the layer, right click and select "Properties",
adding "&service=WMS" to the Link string, you should be able to get a
valid map image returned.

That said, I thought we lifted the service param from WMS GetMap
requests (GetMap sans service= works for me in svn trunk).

..Tom

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears