Melvin,

The syntax is:
   gdaltindex /name_of_tile_index/.shp /location_of_rasters

/So, for your example, the syntax would look something like:
   gdaltindex sample_index.shp c:\ms4w\data\raster\*.tif

Regards,

Christy
--
Christy Nieman
GIS Technician

MeLv1n wAuRaN wrote:

Ok from the example: " gdaltindex doq_index.shp doq/*.tif "  how do i
include the different tif files? for example there are 3 .tif : 1. sample_1.tif 2. sample_2.tif
                               3. sample_3.tif

location: c:\ms4w\data\raster\

how will the syntax look like when i create an index name sample_index?