Hi there,

I am wondering how to deal with the CONNECTION information in the .MAP which is
used for WMS requests. As the .MAP file must be visible and is readable, the
CONNECTION information for my database is readable too.

            # Layers definition ---------------------
            LAYER
                NAME wilderness_areas_po
                        METADATA
                                'wcs_label'           'Wilderness Areas'
                                'wcs_rangeset_name'   'test'
                                'wcs_rangeset_label'  'test label'
                        END
                TYPE RASTER
                STATUS OFF
                DATA wilderness_areas_po
                CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
                CONNECTION 'user=my_username password=my_password
dbname=my_database'
                PROJECTION
                    'init=epsg:4326'
                END
                END

Either I would then need to create a very simple user for that case which
really only can read the data, or I should hide the file in a directory which
is not readable by a webuser. But I guess that Mapserver wouldn't like that.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks for any hints.

Stefan