Thanks for all the valuable help!

If I place the .MAP file somewhere where only the system can read it, the
request looks a bit awkward: ….map=/home/include/mapfiles/my_map.map&….

Would there a possibility to juste use …map=my_map&… and have the path then get
added/understood by some internal configuration (mod_rewrite perhaps?)?

For the Wrapper, I don't really understand how that one would work. I have
multiple .MAP files. And they need to by WMS-compliant. If I understand
correctly, the URL would call the script: http://my_url.org/my_script, right?
Hmmmm...

It says:

        #!/bin/sh
        MAPSERV="/path/to/my/mapserv"
        MS_MAPFILE="/path/to/my/mapfile.map" exec ${MAPSERV}

Thanks for any help!

Stefan