Hi Michael, Hi Jeff,

First of all thank you very much for your responses.

Meanwhile I have installed from that page:
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/linuxx86-64soft-092277.html

a) in version 11.2: Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required
to run OCI, OCCI, and JDBC-OCI applications
b) Instant Client Package - SDK: Additional header files and an example
makefile for developing Oracle applications with Instant Client

by "rpm -i".

But (so far) nevertheless I don`t get mapserver configured with oracle
spatial.

For me it`s not clear with path I have to set. I have (e.g.) tried:

cmake ..
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/lib64:/usr/share/gdal:/usr/share/oracle/11.2/client64
-DWITH_ORACLESPATIAL=1 -DWITH_HARFBUZZ=0 -DWITH_PROTOBUFC=0
-DWITH_FRIBIDI=0 -DWITH_FCGI=0

...without success.

On SUSE SLES 15 I have "oracle-entires" at:

/usr/share/oracle/11.2/client64
/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/
/usr/include/oracle/11.2/client64/

I there any other step I have to do?

Thank you very much, Kai

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag

Kai Behncke
Geoinformation
Tel.: +49 5451 931-7125

E-Mail: kai.behn...@ibbenbueren.de

Rathaus II
Roncallistraße 3-5
1. Stock, Raum 105
49477 Ibbenbüren

>>> Michael Smith <michael.smith.e...@gmail.com> 15.07.2019 18:19 >>>
Kai,

To compile mapserver with oracle support, you need the sdk and the
oracle client library. The instant client library and sdk files are fine
for this. You do not need a local install of the database or the full
client.

You need Instant Client Package – SDK and the Basic (or Basic Light)
Package.

Mike

--
Michael Smith