I expanded it even more with initial ogrinfo commands (great way to check extents, source projection, etc). Hope this helps the next person google-searching! Feel free to expand the wiki page with your own notes.

-jeff

On 2019-07-18 9:31 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
I expanded the wiki page to include the output of psql's describe "\d" for that table.

-jeff

On 2019-07-18 8:37 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
Hi Radim,

Here is a working mapfile reprojecting a PostGIS layer: https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Reproject-PostGIS-Layer

You ask good questions, that could likely just be tested by checking the postgres logs and executing the raw commands from those logs at the psql commandline and comparing.

As you go down this path, please do add to that new wiki page with your own notes :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/