Antonio wrote:
Hi,
I am using shp2tile to split my huge shapefile , after that I use ogrtindex to generate the tileindex. So in my map file in the layer definition I set the keyword TILEINDEX at this new tilendex shape just generated. This work fine for the layer with TYPE POLYGON but doesn't work with RASTER layer.
Some one could tell me why?

thanks

Antonio

I hope you are not trying to use shp2tile to tile rasters! :-0
As the name implies Shape 2 tiles is not the same as raster 2 tiles. gdal has tools that will let you do the equivalent to rasters. Also you need to use gdaltindex to build you tileindex for rasters.

-Steve