Hi to all, in my eyes the development of the projects OOo and LO hasn't much split yet and so why aren't we using (if possible) the OOoCon for as a platform for presentation and knowledge transfer. We are a fork but I don't think we are enemies. We also have to think of the costumers the most part of the presentations might be interesting for both LO and OOo Users.
Regards Tobias Paukert On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Markus Franz <[email protected]> wrote: > Right after the anncouncement of LibreOffice and The Document Foundation, I > did an interview with Thomas Krumbein for Netzwelt.de, one of the largest > online IT magazines in Germany. I am regularly writing for some tech media, > but mainly I'm General Partner at Sucomo, a (small) consulting agency > focused on the media industry (HQ in Jena). > > In the last few weeks, I kept an eye on what's going on with LibreOffice > and the Document Foundation. The things that have already been achieved are > great, but in my opinion there is something important still missing: We > don't have anything like a LibreCon, not even discussed it. Of course, > OO.org Annual Conference seems to be held in 2011, too. Also, we have the > "OO.org Kongress für Wirtschaft und Verwaltung" dedicated to business and > governmental users. > > But so far, there is nothing dedicated to LibreOffice. So I suggest to > discuss starting something like a LibreCon this year, where the community > meets for discussing LibreOffice itself, the Document Foundation as well as > strategic stuff like fundraising and setting up legal entities (foundation? > association?). The idea of "LibreCon", however we may call it at a later > stage, came to my mind because my company is not new to organizing > conferences. And if the community wants it, we would be glad to help > building a place for LibreOffice users, developers and partners to meet. > > I'd love to hear your thoughts about having a dedicated conference for > LibreOffice / TDF. > > Best regards, > Markus Franz > -- > Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] > List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/ > *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity *** > > -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/ *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
