Le 2011-02-14 07:22, Tom Davies a écrit :
Hi :)

I think we are right to keep offering both help and shared resources to
OpenOffice.  By co-operating with each other we can achieve more and faster
since we both share a common competitor that dominates the market.  Winning
users from each other is small-fry compared with the user-base we could win from
our common competition.  Oracle do occasionally reject our help but they need us
more than we need them.  Eventually they might start accepting our help so lets
not give up offering.

Regards from
Tom :)


Reports from recent conferences are that the LibreOffice Booths are busier than the OOo booths. I think it is safe to say that we should start conducting ourselves as the lead for both the code and support. Sure we can be cooperative, but let's not forget that the majority of the communities have followed and the devs number around 100.

I really think that Oracle will do best by following us closely and will have to borrow our code to survive. The news articles are already putting up the warning signs for Oracle.

Personally, I think that OpenOffice Oracle will now concentrate on java + cloud implementation while keeping a close eye on our code base. We should move away from java and start eyeing up and planning for cloud implementation as well.

Cheers

Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Reply via email to