On 02/28/2011 10:44 AM, Bruce Martin wrote:
Hi everyone:

I am in Canada, and, unfortunately do not speak Brasilero Portuguesa, so I can't relate to much of that one.

I have recently downloaded LibreOffice for Windows, and soon will install it on one of my machines.

If all goes well, I will then extend it to the others, and into Linux (Fedora 13 i386 and Fedora 14 x-86_64)

Since I have a lot of hardware peripherals connected, this should produce some interesting observations over time.

I speak, read and write English, French (almost as well) and Spanish to a lesser degree, and I find languages, linguistics and cultural analysis a lot of fun, but I am also obliged to spread myself thinner than I would really like for economic reasons, and that may be the biggest limiting factor.

Best Regards,

Bruce Martin
<snip>

I installed the Windows version [all languages] to my Vista Laptop to test out some of the Windows setup options. I think the "multi language" version [smaller file size] may be the route to go if you are just wanting English [default] and French. I did have to go an do the "custom install" to pick my languages that I wanted to add, other than the default English install. I wanted to try 5 or more languages to see how that works.

Under "Tools/Language" option you can set the language of your text. What you do to change the language of the menus is something I have not tried, since I speak English and not any other language.

The only issue I had was the fact that you needed to know that for multiple languages [for at lease the all language version] in your initial install, you have to use the "custom" install option[s]. Other than that, it worked great. I wish MSO was as easy, from what it was like for MSO 2003 pro version. The ease of install and setup is one of my things I tell people about. It is much easier to install than . . . . .