Hi Stefan, *,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Stefan Weigel
<stefan.wei...@bildungskreis.org> wrote:
> Am 25.11.2011 12:11, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
>> [...]
>> Nah, the idea would not to have it twice, but only in silverstripe -
>> if you need it elsewhere you can write a short script to convert a rss
>> feed of something like that.
>
> Would the calendar module hold organizational information as well?
> For example:

Well, you can enter whatever information you want. There is no extra
fields for that in the input-form if that is what you meant.
And you are not limited to the announcement-type style of Events, but
can create Event Pages, i.e. regular HTML pages with whatever content
you like.

> Will there be a possibility to separate the info, that is targetted
> to website visitors, from the info, that is targetted to booth staff
> et cetera?

No - at least I don't know how this should look like. But of course
you can just add a link to the wiki dealing with the specific event.
If you need dedicated info for "booth staff etc", then you will
probably have a dedicated page anyway. So once again I'm not sure how
that separation should look like.

> Can booth staff and speakers easily access the calendars data base,
> in order to edit the organizational information?

The Event calendar is a special page in the CMS - so anyone who has
access to the cms can edit the data.

> For the latter, a wiki page would be the best. But then, as
> explained, we suffer from redundant/inconsistent data storage. :-/

Well - info for participants is not what I'd call duplication - as you
were asking for separation anyway. Now it is separated into two
different platforms, so no big deal (IMHO).

ciao
Christian