-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 On 06/19/2012 02:59 AM, Marc Paré wrote: > Hi Fabian > > Le 2012-06-18 22:24, Fabian Rodriguez a écrit : >> >> Hi, >> >> I recently bought this magazine and thought I'd share the reference to a >> nice article about the Visio and PPTX import filters[1]. This would be >> an example of using Zotero to keep such references and use them here >> online too. I used the IEEE style for the reference at the end of this >> email. >> >> Any comments welcome, my references will show up here too: >> https://www.zotero.org/magicfab/items/collectionKey/WHBXSUDV >> >> Cheers, >> >> Fabian >> >> [1] >> R. Hermanns, ?In Good Shape - New LibreOffice import filters,? /Linux >> Pro Magazine/, no. 139, pp. 43?45, Jun-2012. >> >> - -- >> Fabian Rodriguez >> http://libreoffice.magicfab.ca >> >> > > Nice! Although it doesn't send us to the correct article. My mistake, I think I linked to the library. This should be it: https://www.zotero.org/magicfab/items/collectionKey/WHBXSUDV/itemKey/4IVTIVTT
> > I can also see that the storage space could quickly get gobbled up if we were contribute for all of our international and language groups. > Quota is only calculated on attachments. Don't sync attachments and it won't matter. > Some questions: > > * can an account be shared with other people? I suppose so, like any set of credentials. Why would you do that? What problem do you want to address by sharing an account? > * would people have access to the list through their own Zotero extension? The lists/articles/groups are public on the website. > * I imagine it would be possible to have the feed available on our website pages ... I am just wondering how it would look with the different categories. Could you put in fake articles in each category to see what the feed would look like? It's all available via RSS feeds. This would be the corresponding feed for my LibreOffice articles: https://api.zotero.org/users/986243/collections/WHBXSUDV/items/top Several feeds could then be aggregated into a planet/other front ends. > * maybe this is more than I was anticipating BUT I can definitely see its usefulness as in a "LibreOffice Reference Library" where people could browse for particular instances of help with LibreOffice (I think this is what you had suggested in your last post) I am discovering Zotero, it's not a "zero learning curve" experience but it's easy enough given the possible uses. I am thinking everytime I visit a bookstore and I see a LibreOffice magazine article or book I can quickly add its reference for example. Then having a very precise book list, from different countries/languages would be easy. I am using these mobile applications: http://l1bre.ca/l/tags.php/apps+android+zotero > * can the list be backed up locally on a hardrive? Yes, you can save all your data locally only or sync it to Zotero's servers. You can sync your attachments to Zotero's servers (and pay more for more space) or to your own Webdav server (only limited by your setup), and you can export all the data in several formats for local/remote backups. > > I can see perhaps making arrangements with Zotero giving LibreOffice an account with storage space in exchange for highlighting their name on the webpage where the list would be kept on our site. I don't see the need for a particular arrangement knowing the space is not a primary concern, and knowing the rather limited initial audience for this. "The list" wouldn't be only one as this could generate several categories and references ("news articles","books", etc.). But that's my limited impression for now, I tend to focus on the raw data. Cheers, Fabián Rodríguez http://libreoffice.magicfab.ca -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux) Comment: PGP/Mime available upon request Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ iEYEARECAAYFAk/gTy0ACgkQfUcTXFrypNWKaACbBFCbPCiL4THzd01lHAFKsM/R OWgAoNYCK6wDV74S/Mt1WcmeqwskTDFV =Owh7 -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/ All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
