Dear Kannan jee,

Thanks!

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 8:00 PM, Kannan Moudgalya <kan...@iitb.ac.in> wrote:

Dear Rajesh,

>Let me add the following to what Chandrakant has said, mainly to
      promote LibreOffice in India:

>    1. We have created a large number of self instructional audio video
>tutorials on LibreOffice, in English (about 60), and with audio dubbed into
>many Indian languages (a total of about 500).  For example, in LibreOffice
>Writer alone, we have a total of 98 tutorials in English and several Indian
>languages, see
>http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/list_videos?view=1&foss=LibreOffice-Suite-Writer&language=all.
>  We have similar tutorials on Linux as well.

Its awesome. Really great work. Kannan jee!

>    2. Using the above mentioned tutorials, we have been conducting SELF
>workshops on LibreOffice and a to a lesser extent on Linux.
>
>    3. There is a Tamil Nadu Government Order to switch over to BOSS flavour
>of Linux from Windows XP - please see
>http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEYQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmrpogson.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F03%2FIndian_Tamil_Nadu_IT_letter.pdf&ei=PvRlU7vzJ9eMuAS-s4DwDw&usg=AFQjCNGKTwhJVFkSgpoVhO1KpPbRImgcZA&sig2=zhc22o-d4KkvBryRa5ElTQ&bvm=bv.65788261,d.c2E&cad=rja
> -  We plan to team up with them on this training.  If Linux comes, it is
>natural that LibreOffice will follow.  Hopefully, other state governments will
>follow.

It is great news.

Actually, slowly things are improving in favour of FOSS. Lets see, how we can
be helpful in creating and building a good ecosystem that can support foss and
libreoffice. I live in Pune and if you ever visit Pune, please let me know, I
would like to meet you.

Thanks.

Regards,
Rajesh Ranjan