Hi

I am a newcomer to the LibreOffice marketing group so, first, greetings to
everybody.

Now that the Notebook bar is no longer going to be an experimental feature
perhaps the question of the default setting needs to be addressed.

When encouraging somebody to migrate from MS Office, if the first configuration
they see is the classic menu bar then I can well imagine the reaction being
that LO is "old fashioned". Defaulting to the Notebookbar should create an
instant feeling of familiarity for such users. However, if that were to become
the default we would be reinforcing the sense that LO is an MS Office clone,
without emphasising the configurability advantage that LO has.

A lot of people still prefer the classic menu bar and find it far more
intuitive. I am one of them. Perhaps on first run after installation the user
could be presented with a welcome screen which illustrates the visual
differences between the two menu types, and allows the user to select one or
the other to be their personal default from that point onwards.

Just a thought.

Nige