great ideas Mike, indeed

About (buying) personas, I would talk more about creating profiles of
a targeted user (groups).
When talking about a typical user, it may be (miss)read as already
existing existing users.
But there may be a discrepancy between users ("buyer") already
acquired and those we target to convince them into buying the product.

And a side note - inbound marketing may be a "thing" to look at

S-)