Il 05/11/19 13:53, Mike Saunders ha scritto:
> I just came across this preview of the new Debian website, which is due
> to be launched later this month:
>
> https://debian-newhomepage.larjona.net

I hope (for them) this is only a mockup, because I found a lot of issues
with their layout and how information are showed/organized (and I am not
a web developer/designer). Plus, the two column layout (abruptly
inserted and interrupted, indeed) doesn't feel right to me.

The actual landing page for libreoffice.org is much better than the new
Debian one from a design/usability point of view, IMHO.

> I like the way there's a clear distinction between community and
> product.

That's the only good idea I would take from that page.

The only idea I had (but frankly has to be developed) is a first
"landing" page with a clear product/community split, pointing the two
parts to their own specific "minisite" inside libreoffice.org (like
libreoffice.org/community - libreoffice.org/product or
community.libreoffice.org - product.libreoffice.org).

And, additionally, maybe libreoffice.org/community should really point
to documentfoundation.org (which probably needs a new fresh face, also).

My 2 cents :)

Regards,
--
Emiliano Vavassori