Tony sounded like a libertarian and you tried to
disagree with him.  He wanted less government.  He did
not "approach us seeking advocacy for more of the kind
of market regulations that we're trying to repeal." 
He said exactly the opposite:

"I don't want more laws just repel the ones against
organizing unions." 

"Again I don't want a bunch of  laws favoring either
way  just want a level playing field"

If you want to appeal to that voter,  tell him that
the LP wants to repeal the Taft-Hartley act, a bunch
of other labor laws,  and get the government out of
labor-management negotiations.

Our platform may alienate YOU, but what reason do you
have to think he would disagree?   I only saw Tony
quoted on labor relations.

Also, I certainly do dispute what you told him:

Quitting and firing are not "two sides of the same
coin" at all in this country.  Unemployment insurance,
wrongful termination torts, etc make them quite
different.  

Employees cannot "quit en masse" when the cannot
legally strike;  the people organizing a forbidden
strike will face the same penalties even if they do
tell members to turn in a notice before walking out.

Harland Harrison


> Tony wrote:
> 
> T> Hi I am new to this group I am tired of the other
> 2 major parties as they just don't deliver much of
> anything except promises and nothing ever seems
> to change.<T
> 
> Welcome!  If you are new to the LP, there is an
> excellent introduction to
> our positions at
> http://www.lp.org/issues/introduction.shtml.  More
> details
> are at http://marketliberal.org/LP/NewVision.pdf,
> and brief essays on 13 hot
> issues are at http://www.lp.org/issues/issues.shtml.
> 
> T>
> I would like to see government interference in the
> labor movement as the cards are greatly stacked
> against the working men and women.  I don't want
> more laws just repel the ones against organizing
> unions.  IE Canada if you want to be represented
> by a union just vote and you can't be fired for it.
> In the U.S. you can and are fired for trying to
> organize a union. Again I don't want a bunch of
> laws favoring either way just want a level playing
> field  <T
> 
> If employees can be fired for organizing a union,
> they can also quit en
> masse and work for an employer offering a better
> deal.  The right to fire
> and the right to quit are two sides of the same
> coin. The LP wants a level
> playing field too, but in America the field is
> clearly tilted toward unions.
> For details of all the special legislation giving
> unions monopoly powers
> that are illegal for most other actors in the
> marketplace, see

--- Brian Holtz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes :
> Harland Harrison wrote:
> 
> HH> Tony says he "wants a level playing field"  and
> you tell him (1) the field tilts toward him and (2)
the
> LP wants to tilt it the other way! <HH
> 
> I told him the LP wants to tilt the field back to
> level.  Do you dispute any of the things I said
about
> unions and the libertarian analysis of them?  Are
> you saying we should mislead voters when they
> approach us seeking advocacy
> for more of the kind of market regulations that
> we're trying to repeal?
> 
> HH> Are you trying to alienate this voter on
> purpose? <HH
> 
> No, if I wanted to do that I would hand him our
> current platform, which advocates
> 
> *     immediate repeal of all drug laws, without regard
> to kind of drug or
> age of user; 
> 
> *     opposition to "all attempts to ban weapons",
> without regard to kind
> of weapon;
> 
> or our earlier platforms, which advocated
> 
> *     
> 
>       legalized child prostitution ["repeal of all  laws
> that restrict
> anyone, including children, from engaging in
> voluntary exchanges of goods,
> services, or information regarding human
> sexuality"]; 
> *     immediate non-enforcement of all tax laws; 
> 
> *     "repeal of all taxation"; 
> 
> *     replacement of all environmental protections with
> "trespass and nuisance" torts; 
> 
> *     "elimination of all government fiat money";  and 
> 
> *     privatization of public roads.
> 
> 



        

        
                
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! 
Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur 
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses 
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Reply via email to